2024 NUCP Umpire Clinics
RDMBA will be hosting NUCP level 1 and level 2 Clinics again for the 2024 season.
Dates: March 16th and 17th
Location: Intermediate School (5121 48 Ave, Red Deer)
- Clinics will run from 9am - 4pm, it is expected that participants begin signing in for the clinic at 8:30am.
- Clinics will contain a one hour lunch break, please bring a lunch, snacks and drinks.
- Clinics will contain an active portion of the day. Registrants are encouraged to bring comfortable clothing and clean footwear that can be used for activity in a gymnasium.
- Registrants are encouraged to bring their baseball glove and an umpire or catcher mask if they have one.
- Please bring material to take notes with throughout the day.
NUCP CERTIFICATION PATH
Under the current structure of the National Umpire Certification Program, the certification path is based on yearly attendance of a clinic. Umpires must progress through the yearly system of clinics to complete each level and advance their skills. Umpires start at Level 1 and must attend a Level 1 clinic for two years before advancing to the Level 2 clinics. Level 2 umpires will progress through 3 years of clinics for offense, defense and game management before advancing to Level 3. The level 3 umpires only have to attend a clinic every third year, but are required to complete an online exam every year there is no clinic.
Level 1 Umpires (Must Be At Least 12 Years Of Age To Start)
Level 2 Umpires
Level 3 Umpires
Level 4/5 Umpires
Year 1 - Offence (odd numbered years)
Year 1 - Offense Year 1 - Online Exam Only Invitation only to the Baseball Alberta Superclinic Year 2 - Defense (even numbered years) Year 2 - Defense Year 2 - Online Exam Only Year 3 - Game Management Year 3 - Level 3 Clinic
Please click on the links below for additional information and registration.
(A Spordle Account is required to register, if you have an existing one (ex. from reffing hockey with Hockey Alberta) you can sign in with that username/password)
All umpires must pay for their courses upon registering, however, will be reimbursed by RDMBA once you submit your receipt and have completed umping 5 games for our association.
Should you have any further questions or concerns please email RDMBA's Umpire director, Susie Saunders at email@example.com