Rules of Play
RDMBA Rep Program Rules
RDMBA follows the rules of Baseball Canada.
League and Provincial play is governed by Baseball Alberta.
Click for a copy of the
Baseball Alberta Rules and Regulations.
RDMBA 11U Rec Rules
Supplementing the Baseball Alberta rules of play, here are a few guidelines established by RDMBA for the 11U age group.
- Games start at 6:00PM sharp!
- No new inning commences after 8:00 PM
- Maximum five (5) runs per inning/team
- Games are six (6) innings
- The entire lineup bats
- Stealing will be allowed, after the ball has crossed the plate. Players may not steal home.
- No player can sit out more than two defensive innings per game.
- 10 run 'mercy' rule will be in effect after 4 innings (3.5 innings if home team leads)
- Unlimited substitutions are allowed on the field. Any pitcher removed from the mound cannot return to
- Once a player assumes the position of pitcher, they cannot catch for the remainder of the day (Baseball Alberta rule).
Pitching and catching in the same day:
Example 1: John starts the game a shortstop and then enters the game as a pitcher in the 4th inning. He cannot move to the catching position for that game or any other game later in the day.
Example 2: John starts the game at catcher and then enters the game as a pitcher in the 4th inning. He cannot move back to catching for the remainder of that game or any other game later in the day.
- Pitchers may not pitch more than three innings per week.
- You can catch and then pitch in a game but you can't pitch and then catch.
Home team will supply the game balls.
Home team will be responsible for preparing the diamond for play. This includes dragging the infield and chalking the base paths.
Home team will be responsible for scorekeeping.
The batter's box is rectangular in shape, 3'x6' and extends forward and backward from the centre of home plate 3' with the inside line 4 inches from the edge of the home plate.
11U Playing Field
- Distance from the front edge of the pitcher's plate to the back point of home plate will be 44'.
- Distance between bases will be 60'.
For all Central Alberta League Divisions please refer to the Rules of Play found on the Baseball Alberta website on the CABL homepage .