Coach Info Sheet
Coach Info Sheet
A Reminder for the Season
- Book all games, practices and the batting cage with the RDMBA Registrar at 346-5075.
- Please review the Board of Director list on the website to acquaint yourself with who's who.
- Direct all phone calls to the proper Coordinator or Vice President. They are all listed on the website.
- Your practice schedule will be listed on the website. If you wish to add practices, coordinate them with the Registrar. If you wish to swap practice times, coordinate this with other coaches and then advise the Registrar.
- Rep Program schedules are developed by Baseball Alberta. They will be available at Baseball Alberta and on our website.
- Notify the Umpire Coordinator if games are changed or cancelled.
- Only players that are registered with RDMBA are allowed to play. Do not let "friends" play at any time due to insurance reasons and for the safety of the players.
- Sponsors are critical to the operations of RDMBA. Please contact your sponsor to invite them to watch their team play and to arrange giving them a team picture.
- Develop a team process to report scores and highlights to the media. Contact info and a sample media report will be in the Media Centre on the website.
- Team pictures will be taken at the beginning of the season. Dates, times and locations will be posted on the website.
- Outdoor Toilets - any concerns or problems should be directed to RDMBA who will liase with the supplier and file the complaint. They will be emptied weekly. Make sure they are locked up afterwards.
- You will receive a key for the equipment lock boxes. You must sign out the key and return it to the Equipment Coordinator at the end of the season.
- All baseball equipment must be put away and locked up after games or practices.
- Keep our ballparks clean and tidy.
- You will receive a set of uniforms from the Uniform Coordinator. It is your responsibility to return the complete set at the end of the season.
- Review the Role of Coaches section on the website.
- Review the Rules for the Program you are coaching (Rep or Rec) on the website.
- Review the suggested practice plans on the Baseball Canada website.
- Review the Coaching Certification section on the website and ensure you complete any required courses by the due dates.
- Review the Codes of Conduct section on the website and encourage all your players, Assistant Coaches and Parents to review them as well.
- Review the Safety section on the website.
- Familiarize yourself with the Ballpark Locations section of the website and point your team to visit this section as well.
- There will be a time to return gear at end of season - please bring the equipment bag, uniforms and your lockbox key for return to RDMBA. Dates, times and locations will be posted on the website.
- You will have a page on the website to use for your team (Rep Program only) and you will be provided with login information for your page. It will be your responsibility to coordinate who will do this for your team.
- Adhere to the policies and direction of RDMBA. Feedback to RDMBA on future improvements is encouraged.
- After the season, a Coaches Evaluation sheet will be opened up on the website for completion by the Parents of your team. The intent of this is to give RDMBA suggestions for future improvements and to give you development feedback.